Researcher Secondment/Training/Workshop funding
Aim: Widening exposure of CF early-stage researchers (students, junior postdocs). Exchange of knowledge, building of international and intersectoral networks, benefits shared with the wider CR community. Funded time outside of the academic bubble!
Possible methods: Secondments (short periods of time away from CCU, working with a different company/institute as host) AND/OR training (courses and workshops) in research and/or transferable skills.
UPDATE June 2020 - we confirm eligibility to cover international training course attendance where candidates are selected through a competitive process and part-funding of their attendance costs (travel, accommodation, subsistence, course attendance fees) is required.
- Intersectoral (non-academic host).
- Those without other access to funds for travel/training (e.g. not ITNs or high-end fellowships with significant travel funding already included).
- Worldwide (ideally outside of Europe). If within Europe, ideally intersectoral
NOTE: This does not mean academic or Europe-based activities cannot be funded, but they will not be prioritised.
- Applicant can be from any research unit at Champalimaud Research.
- Applicant must demonstrate how project links to multiple QuantoCancer core aims: knowledge exchange, quantitative biomedicine, spillover/benefits to the entire community, bridging of research programmes (physiology and cancer, experimental clinical research, neuroscience) and/or to clinical practice.
- Grantee must produce a short follow-up report.
- Grantee must use project funding acknowledgement and logo in any subsequent research outputs (presentations, posters, publications). “This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 810653”.
- Standard institutional travel directive rules apply.
How to Apply
- Permanently open call.
- Applications invited directly from researchers using the Application Form.
- Selection committee reviews responses every 2 months so please apply in good time.
- Next review date: 31st May 2021
For more information, check out the ESR Knowledge Exchange Toolkit