Research Support Staff Knowledge Exchange / Travel Fund
Aim: Exposure of any level research support, admin and technical research platforms staff to international best-practices in your area, global networking, career development.
Method: In/out-bound exchanges, worldwide. Ideally job shadowing + specific mini-project (e.g. develop a policy/tool, learn an approach/system/technique) to bring back to CCU AND/OR international or intersectoral meetings and training courses. Assessed on a case-by-case basis against overall project aims.
- 2-week trip to visit an institute or company in North America, Asia, wider Europe etc
- Participation in a workshop run by an internationally renowned research support network (NCURA, EARMA, ARMA etc).
- For research support and research platforms staff at all career stages.
- Applicant must demonstrate how project links to multiple QuantoCancer core aims: knowledge exchange, internationalization, spillover/benefits to the wider community, bridging research programmes and clinical practice, encouraging responsible research and innovation.
- Follow-up short report.
- Use of project funding acknowledgement and logo in any subsequent outputs (presentations, posters, publications).
- Institutional travel directive rules apply. CF NIF: PT507131827. All must be agreed in advance of any purchase.
“This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 810653”. You can find a range of prepared logos for use in different contexts in the toolkit.
How to Apply
- Permanently open call.
- Staff members responsible for researching potential activities and providing rationale.
- Applications invited directly from staff members (with provisional OK from coordinator/head of unit) using the Application Form.
- Selection committee reviews responses every 1-2 months so please apply in good time.
- Next review date May 30th 2022.
Once approved, check out the Staff Exchange Toolkit.