Research Support Staff Knowledge Exchange Fund
Aim: Exposure of research support and research platforms staff to best-practices and common issues in your area, global networking, career development.
Method: In/out-bound exchanges, worldwide. Ideally job shadowing + specific mini-project (e.g. develop a policy/tool, learn an approach/system/technique) to bring back to CCU AND/OR international or intersectoral meetings and training courses. Assessed on a case-by-case basis against overall project aims.
- 2-week trip to visit an excellent institute or company in North America, Asia etc
- Participation in a workshop run by an international support network (NCURA, EARMA, ARMA etc).
- For research support and research platforms staff at all career stages.
- Follow-up short report.
- Use of project funding acknowledgement and logo in any subsequent outputs (presentations, posters, publications).
- Standard institutional travel directive rules apply. CF NIF: PT507131827. All must be agreed in advance of any purchase.
“This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 810653”. You can find a range of prepared logos for use in different contexts in the toolkit.
How to Apply
- Permanently open call.
- Staff members responsible for researching potential activities and providing rationale.
- Applications invited directly from staff members (with provisional OK from coordinator/head of unit) using the Application Form.
- Selection committee reviews responses every 1-2 months so please apply in good time.
- Next review date 15th October 2021.
Once approved, check out the Staff Exchange Toolkit.